Tuesday 11 January 2011

Mainly skinning for me....




This weekend I got to play out with Vicky, Helen and Dee. Had a very fine Saturday schlepping up on to the tops to be rewarded with mighty fine views.







It has to be said - them there Northern Corries are plastered at the mo...


There are no photo's of Sunday, cause it was a suffer-fest! Ended up on a Corbett over near the Lecht...no visibility and blowing like bygerry. The question "why are we here" did cross my mind on more than one occasion. Character building I suppose, although I would feel that I have enough character to be getting on with without having to endure that sort of nonsense...

 Rant over. Had a great day today. Took meself up the hill and did some of the interval training malarky -  so more of the sucking wind and trying not to barf. Ended up a lesser shade of beetrooot as evidenced in the pic, but luckily twas pea soup so no-one could see me - phew.

And then...met up with Di, Derek and Heather - and a bag or two of jelly snakes - to ski into Sneachda for a late ascent of Aladdins Mirror Direct...Heather and
Derek did a stirling effort on it while Di and I offered moral support and looked after Millie...the best behaved dog in the world.

Came out in the dark with the most amazing moon...aaaah, brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment